Monday, September 2, 2013

Tomorrow.

E goes into the OR tomorrow at 10:30am . I just keep staring at her - my eyes well up and I have to remind myself to breath. My mind goes to "worst case" scenarios. Thinking that there is even a 1% chance that your child may not wake up... may never sleep in her own bed again, it's gut wrenching.

What if...? What if...?

I KNOW how strong she is, I KNOW she is a fighter. I just wish she didn't have to fight so hard all of the time. I really do know that she will be okay, that her surgical team is incredible and she will be home soon enough. But, it doesn't stop me from worrying.

I'm crying while I type this and she is giggling away... I had to stop and smile.

My kid is pretty freakin' amazing.



6 comments:

  1. Always in my prayers! She is amazing and has a thirst for life that so many of us take for granted. Keep your head up and know I am here if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you all! I hope her surgery goes incredible and she has a fast recovery<3 You're one strong mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!! I hope the surgery goes smoothly and she has a speedy recovery! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your family this morning. I hope all goes perfectly. Please update when you can. Sending you strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your Bump reply last week saying E was in recovery - I hope everything is going well. Thinking of you and hoping for an update when you can!

    ReplyDelete