Sunday, December 2, 2012

Don't go breakin' my heart!

E is miserable. She is in so much pain and nothing helps. I don't know if you have ever had c-diff or know anyone who has had it but the intestinal cramping is ridiculous. She cries until she falls asleep... Wakes up and cries until she falls asleep.
She is on bentyl, oxycodone and vancomycin. We are meeting with her GI and infectious disease team to discuss the possibility of trying out a new treatment option. The procedure is disgusting, so I will spare you the details, but if you are curious... Google c-diff and transplant and read at your own risk. Honestly, I'm up for anything that could help at this point. She goes through this every few months and I'm so sick of watching her suffer. (like the poor kid doesn't have enough going on!)
On a good note... NE Patriots are the AFC East champions! That makes me smile. So does Mr. M... He keeps me sane, grounded and my level of cray to a minimum ;)



3 comments:

  1. Poor baby. I actually had it once when I was in the hospital for a kidney infection. It was awful! Apparently it's contagious and they made all visitors wear masks when they visited. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really contagious. Since hers is a permanent thing that just gets worse every few months, my mild OCD comes in handy for keeping the germs from spreading. If it can be bleached... It gets bleached! And we are crazy about washing hands. My house may be full of dust, but it's clean :)

      Delete
  2. Poor little babe. I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete